We are looking for an exceptional Special Educational Needs and Disability Co-ordinator (SENDCo) to work within our Childcare Facility.
Job requirements and skills required
- One of the following; NNEB Diploma, BTEC Diploma in childhood studies, NVQ Level 3 in Childcare and Education.
- SENCo/SENDCo qualification and certificate.
- Experience of working with young children in an early years setting (0-3 years).
- Experience of working with young children with additional needs.
- Friendly, caring and professional manner required.
- Experience of planning and delivering an appropriate child-centered curriculum for young children.
- Ability to work as part of a busy team.
- Ability to liaise with relevant professionals where appropriate.
- Ability to fill and complete relevant assessments and referrals for support for children with additional needs.
- Ability to take lead within the SENCo/SENDCo role.
- Ability to work in partnership with parents to enhance children’s learning.
- Ability to carefully observe, record, report and evaluate children’s learning for children’s records and to plan further learning experiences.
- Legislation relevant to Early Years including EYFS and Safeguarding.
- Child development.
- Special Educational Needs and Disability training and knowledge.
If you require further information or an application pack, please contact Stacey Bradshaw via telephone 01773745014 ext.2 or via the email address below.
The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check (Disclosure and Barring Service) and 2 suitable references.
Reference ID: Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator
Application deadline: 11/09/2020
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: £8.90 per hour
If you are a sixth-form, college or university student, studying towards childcare and education qualifications, and are interested in Ripley Nursery School Childcare as your placement setting, please contact Stacey Bradshaw, Childcare Manager on 01773 745014 ext. 2 or alternatively, email email@example.com.